Morrison

NEW UPDATE!!!

32 minutes ago, Morrison said:

How u finding new update stoller? Tried to inbox you says stoller cannot recieve msgs

That's odd. Honestly I am really struggling with it. Feels like a completely new game to me and there is not much I can say positively about it. But I'll keep trying it and report back with my specific thoughts for @Alex soon

After playing a couple of hundred matches, POSITIVES- ball drop (fair on both players). Shooting/keeping (very smooth and realistic to a real match). After conceding keeper starts with ball (just normal 5aside rules). 

NEGATIVES- pace of the game (the match engine deffo needs speeding up!!). Passing ( any kind of intricate passing is non existent as the players are too slow, and after winning a tackle it feels like your stuck in mud and you just get re tackled). Messi 1 of best players in world and doesnt have a shooting boost which means from most popular player in game to 1 of least.

OVERALL 8/10 deffo needs speeding up and passing looked at!

Nice one Morrison. With the passing have you been mostly using the method of tapping on a player, or have you been using the free (swipe) passes? 

Additionally, there has been a tweak to the dribbling. There is a chance of taking slightly longer to bring the ball under control depending on the quality of the pass, but once under control the dribbling is now more sensitive to your commands. The player will move slowly towards the goal until you provide a point to move towards. Once they reach the point they will again slow until commanded again. This change of pace can be used to avoid challenges and slide tackles. 

Not played quite as many matches as Morrison but agree with most of what he's said. Not sure the ball drop makes it any fairer (no complaints anyway) but I like that it means the game starts with the ball in different positions. I like the shooting too but find the ball goes slightly to the left of the line I draw. Easy enough to adjust to take this into account though. I also like that you have to get your guy running but it does take far too long to get the ball under control. As with Morrison, I don't like that the players have gone down to having 1 special ability as it means half the players will rarely be used (I've had to replace Messi and Alba straight away).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SM Support(Alex) said:

Nice one Morrison. With the passing have you been mostly using the method of tapping on a player, or have you been using the free (swipe) passes? 

Additionally, there has been a tweak to the dribbling. There is a chance of taking slightly longer to bring the ball under control depending on the quality of the pass, but once under control the dribbling is now more sensitive to your commands. The player will move slowly towards the goal until you provide a point to move towards. Once they reach the point they will again slow until commanded again. This change of pace can be used to avoid challenges and slide tackles. 

Ive tried both swipe and tapping. When no ones around you tapping is fine, but when your trying to make a tight pass it will normally be picked off by a defender or your players too slow to control then pass before being tackled. My swipe pass seems to have a bit curl on it but thats prob to do with not being able to draw a straight line lol.  I still think theres a problem with low rated players being able to do more than high rated players ie stones can slide 13 times where an elite slider only 3 making stones more valuable in the game. Maybe elites should keep there 2 boosts and greens and blues only 1. And also have greens cut from being able to slide 13 times. Id say stones (green) can slide 4 times. Varane (blue) 6 times and ramos  (pink) 3 slides and 3 tackling boosts, making it more realistic to there real life abilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morrison said:

When no ones around you tapping is fine, but when your trying to make a tight pass it will normally be picked off by a defender or your players too slow to control then pass before being tackled. My swipe pass seems to have a bit curl on it but thats prob to do with not being able to draw a straight line lol. 

The improvements to the free (swipe) pass has given you the ability to add curl to the passes in order to avoid defenders in your path when a tap pass would go straight to them. 

Just to confirm that I am discussing this feedback with our development team. If you are playing with others on this new version, please encourage them to share their thoughts. 

I like the update enough, but I hate the slowdown when you receive the pass or when you win a contrast. The players who make the slips are too advantaged by this. When you face a 3-0-1 it becomes almost impossible to score. In general, now, it is almost impossible to score from a tight angle, while you can score from midfield. The game must be faster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pepsi said:

I like the update enough, but I hate the slowdown when you receive the pass or when you win a contrast. .... The game must be faster.

This has been a common theme in the feedback we have received. I can confirm that in the next build it will be removed. 

The aim was to add an element of realism, with better players better controlling the ball and rewarding better quality passing and  build up. However we accept that it does not feel within your control and will have it turned off.

Also I have been informed that direct friendlies will be available in the next update so you will be able to challenge one another (regardless of league). And check out the new shooting system against real players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me you didn't need to change any of the game play, the drop ball at start is ok but never thought there was anything wrong with kick off. Chat packs and tournaments were only thing you's really needed to add

The main things i am finding wrong is...

The flow of the game like the movement of players, they stand still when you are trying to move other players.. I like to attack and it feels so sluggish so can't attack going as quick

Too slow at reacting when collecting the ball which doesn't give you much chance to get away or avoid the slide

First time shots.. Can't seem to get them off as quick as old version, Player obviously taking ball under his control but takes too long  

First time passing... The bots are passing it about with precision where as it feels a lot slower for my players trying to pass

All this could be because the players are so slow at reacting once collecting the ball

The minor things that could be tweaked...

Elite should have 2 boosts imo otherwise they don't have great advantage..  2 separate boosts would be more attractive to use them and it would make Messi good to use again

Manager level... You could be a bit more generous with those, not sure what your system is but i think the only difference between level 10 and 12 is 2 extra green boosts even level 9 is only 3 green and 1 blue boost less than level 12 so with the new changes you could think about increasing it. Don't know when a 4th elite boost will arrive but if all cards stay with 1 special boost then blue and elite boosts should be higher than 6 and 3 after level 10 manager. Elite should have 2 special boosts or if not then be able to use theirs more than 3 times

• Like 1

The pace of the players feels non existent, fast players could out run a slide sometimes but there is no chance of that now unless you use a player with speed boost